Wednesday 1 August 2012

Vegan Recipe: Red Pepper Tapenade with Harissa

This vegan recipe for Red Pepper Tapenade is inspired by my recent discoveries of Ross Dobson's book Market Vegetarian and the wonders of harissa. I love olive tappenade and I love red peppers, so I had high hopes for Dobson's variation when I was reviewing the book. Add to it just a tiny drop of smoldering harrisa paste for a lovely warm hum of heat and I was in dipping heaven.

Red Pepper Tapenade with Harissa
 Red Pepper Tapenade with Harissa (Vegan)
1 Red Pepper
1 Garlic Clove
2 tbsp Olive Oil
a drop (literally just a touch) of harissa paste
salt and pepper to taste
  1. Roast pepper and garlic in oil at Gas Mark 7 for 15 mins or until the skins are black. 
  2. Remove pepper from the oven and let cool.
  3. Put the pepper in the blender with a drop of harissa and a blend. 
  4. Season to taste and serve as a dip or a spread.
Easy, delicious and the kind of thing that if you served it up at a party and told everyone you made it from scratch, they'd be well impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment